I posted the recipe for our gravy and the icebox cake below (thanks Aunt Nancy!)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 pkg. (9 oz.) FAMOUS Chocolate Wafers
- Beat cream with mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently stir in vanilla.
- Spread 1-1/2 tsp. whipped cream onto each wafer; stack, then stand on edge on platter. Frost with remaining whipped cream. Sprinkle with garnish if desired.
- Refrigerate 4-6 hours. Cut into diagonal slices to serve.
White Wine Gravy
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- While the turkey rests, place the roasting pan on the stove across two burners (if using a disposable roasting pan, scrape drippings and browned bits into a medium saucepan). Heat drippings over medium-high, scraping up browned bits, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Add wine; cook, stirring constantly, until syrupy, 5 to 6 minutes. Gradually whisk in flour, and cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1 minute. Gradually add 1 cup broth; cook, whisking, until flour is a deep caramel color, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gradually stir in remaining broth and 4 cups water. Bring to a simmer; cook, stirring occasionally, until gravy reaches desired thickness, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove neck and giblets, and strain gravy through a fine-mesh sieve; discard solids. Season generously with salt and pepper.