So I usually have a go to recipe for chocolate chip cookies however I was looking for a more "chewy" version and these came out amazing. My new go to recipe for chocolate chip cookies, enjoy!!!
Chewy Yummy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 C. shortening
- 1/2 C. salted butter, room temp.
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1 C. packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 C. all-purpose flour
- 1-12 ounce package (2 cups) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl beat the shortening and butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and baking soda. Beat mixture until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Beat in flour, if needed stir the last remaining amount.
- Stir in chocolate pieces.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool. Makes about 30 two inch cookies.