Almond Pound Cake
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, plus more for pan
- 3 C. sugar
- 1 C. reduced fat sour cream
- 3 C. all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp.almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter and flour a bundt pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream butter and sugar together and then add sour cream.
- Sift flour and baking soda together then add to creamed mixture, alternately with eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add extracts and stir to combine.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Cool cake in pan for about 10 minutes and then unmold and cool completely on a wire rack.