Whoa, I just finished eating some bangin' blueberry pie!!! It was so yummy I had to go back for a second piece and stop myself from getting a third. I posted the recipe below however, when baking it I only used 4 Tbls. of corn starch and there was a lot of liquid inside, so on the recipe below I increased it to 5 Tbls.
Bangin' Blueberry Pie
- Trader Joe's pre-made pie crust (9inch) or double the Single Pie Crust recipe
- 1 C. sugar
- 5-6 Tbls. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 24oz pkg. frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, and sprinkle over blueberries. Add vanilla and lemon juice (important to do this step after dry ingredients or it will become a paste and will be hard to mix.) Mix until completely coated.
- Line pie dish with one pie crust.
- Pour berry mixture into the crust.
- Top with pie crust, crimp edges, slit top for air.
- Place foil on edges so they don't burn and remove the during the last 10-15 minutes of baking.
- Bake pie on lower shelf of oven for about 50-60 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
You can make a lattice top as well!
Click Here for Directions