Monday, February 28, 2011

Bangin' Blueberry Pie

Whoa, I just finished eating some bangin' blueberry pie!!! It was so yummy I had to go back for a second piece and stop myself from getting a third. I posted the recipe below however, when baking it I only used 4 Tbls. of corn starch and there was a lot of liquid inside, so on the recipe below I increased it to 5 Tbls. 
Enjoy!!!

Bangin' Blueberry Pie


Ingredients:

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
  2. Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, and sprinkle over blueberries. Add vanilla and lemon juice (important to do this step after dry ingredients or it will become a paste and will be hard to mix.) Mix until completely coated.
  3. Line pie dish with one pie crust.
  4. Pour berry mixture into the crust.
  5. Top with pie crust, crimp edges, slit top for air.
  6. Place foil on edges so they don't burn and remove the during the last 10-15 minutes of baking.
  7. Bake pie on lower shelf of oven for about 50-60 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.



You can make a lattice top as well!
Click Here for Directions

No comments:

Post a Comment