- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2-1/4 C. warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 Tbls. sugar
- 1 Tbls. salt
- 2 Tbls. canola oil
- 6-1/4 to 6-3/4 C. all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add the sugar, salt, oil and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide dough in half. Shape each into a loaf. Place in two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30-45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bread sounds hollow when tapped. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.