Quinoa and Fresh Veggies
So the original recipe called for plain penne pasta but I threw in quinoa pasta instead, as a healthier alternative, still came out great. Enjoy!
- 8oz uncooked penne pasta (Try Ancient Harvest Quinoa Pasta)
- 1 C sliced carrots
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 C fresh broccoli florets
- 1 C sliced yellow squash
- 1 C green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbls fresh basil, chopped or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tsp. fresh minced thyme or 1/4 tsp dried
- 1 tsp. fresh minced oregano or 1/4 tsp dried
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 1/2 c. chopped tomatoes
- 5-6 Tbls grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain and set aside.
- While cooking pasta, heat oil in large skillet, saute carrots until crisp/tender, add garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes more.
- Stir in broccoli, tomatoes, squash, green pepper and seasonings. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes covered, or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in pasta and sprinkle with cheese.