Saturday, March 27, 2010

Oh My Yummy Brie!

So we've got two packages of brie in the fridge from various baskets we've received and I decided to try a new recipe using one of them. Oh my did it come out so yummy I thought my taste buds were going to explode!

The original recipe is below, I didn't have puff pastry so I used approximately 8-10 sheets of phyllo with butter brushed on the inside and outside. I also didn't have any apples on hand and just served it with wheat pita bread. Although apples would be really yummy to pair with, I don't think I'd use a granny smith apple, those are fairly tart and the flavors of this dish are already pretty complete. Lastly, I didn't have pecans and used chopped almonds. Sheesh, should I bother posting the original recipe?

Enjoy!


Baked Brie with Pecans and Brown Sugar


Ingredients:
  • 1-8 oz round of brie
  • 3 tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
  • 1 sheet puff pastry (thawed)
  • Granny Smith Apples, sliced
  • Butter crackers or light crackers (for serving)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. Line a baking pan with parchment paper for baking. Spread out puffed pastry on a flat surface.
  3. In a separate bowl, mix pecans, sugar, cinnamon.
  4. Spread nut mixture onto the center of the pastry. Place brie atop the nut mixture. Fold pastry over the brie to enclose everything like a package and pinch the pastry closed so it is sealed. Flip pastry package over and place on baking tray with folds on the bottom.
  5. Bake in oven for about 20-30 minutes or until the pastry is browned and golden.
  6. Serve with crackers and sliced apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment