Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 2 C. shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 C. (8 oz.) sour cream
- 1-1/2 C. salsa verde, divided
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 C. chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 C. minced fresh cilantro
- 2 C. (8 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional toppings: avocado slices, thinly sliced green onions or fresh cilantro leaves
- Combine the chicken, sour cream and 3/4 cup salsa in a small bowl. Spread 1/4 cup salsa on the bottom of a greased 8-in.-square baking dish.
- Layer with half of the tortillas and chicken mixture; sprinkle with the tomatoes, minced cilantro and half of the cheese. Repeat layers with remaining tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with remaining salsa and, if desired, optional toppings. Yield: 6 servings.
*From Taste of Home