This is my first attempt at a "brownie in a mug" and while most of the recipes I found were made without an egg, I felt it deserved one... this recipe has more of a cake like consistency but it's amazing served with chocolate syrup and ice cream. Prefect for a quick 5 minute make chocolate fix! Enjoy!
Brownie in a Mug
- 1/4 C. sugar
- 1/4 C. flour
- 2 Tbls. cocoa powder*
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbls. canola or vegetable oil
- 3 drops of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Tbls. water
- 1 egg
- Sift together sugar, flour, cocoa and salt in mug.
- Stir in oil, vanilla, water and egg until mixed thouroughly.
- Microwave for 2 minutes, do not open microwave during cooking.
- Flip out of mug if desired and serve with ice cream and chocolate syrup.
*I recommend using a better quality brand than Hershey's cocoa for a richer taste. I used Guittard's.