Sunday, March 15, 2015

Brownie in a Mug

This is my first attempt at a "brownie in a mug" and while most of the recipes I found were made without an egg, I felt it deserved one... this recipe has more of a cake like consistency but it's amazing served with chocolate syrup and ice cream. Prefect for a quick 5 minute make chocolate fix! Enjoy!

Brownie in a Mug


Ingredients:
  • 1/4 C. sugar
  • 1/4 C. flour
  • 2 Tbls. cocoa powder*
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 2 Tbls. canola or vegetable oil
  • 3 drops of vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 Tbls. water
  • 1 egg
Directions:
  1. Sift together sugar, flour, cocoa and salt in mug. 
  2. Stir in oil, vanilla, water and egg until mixed thouroughly.
  3. Microwave for 2 minutes, do not open microwave during cooking.
  4. Flip out of mug if desired and serve with ice cream and chocolate syrup.

*I recommend using a better quality brand than Hershey's cocoa for a richer taste. I used Guittard's.

No comments:

Post a Comment