There is a local grocery store here in town called Kaunes and they have the yummiest Chipotle Chicken Salad... which I have no idea how they make and at $10 for a half cup I set out on my own to make something similar and for much cheaper!
Well it's not the same but it's pretty darn close and yummy! Here is my recipe for:
Chipotle Chicken Salad
- 2 - 12.5 oz canned white chicken, drained (or 3 C. fresh roasted chicken)
- 4 oz can of diced green chiles
- Juice of one lime
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/4 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 med. red onion, diced
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 10-12 Tbls. mayo
- 1 tsp. chipotle seasoning**
- Empty chicken into large mixing bowl and break up large chunks of meat into smaller pieces.
- Add to chicken: green chiles, lime juice, celery, garlic, red onion and pepper; mix until combined.
- Add mayo to chicken mixture, when well combined sprinkle and mix in chipotle seasoning.
**I use North of the Borders, Montezuma Chipotle Seasoning, it's slightly smoky with a mild spice. Ingredients are: Chipotle, red chile, garlic, salt, sugar, dextrose and citric acid.