- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature, plus more for pan
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (aprox. 2 banana's)*
- 1/2 cup fat free plain Greek Yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Cinnamon sugar mixture
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar; set aside. In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, and beat to incorporate.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the butter mixture, and mix until just combined. Add bananas, sour cream, and vanilla; mix to combine. Stir in nuts, and pour into prepared pan. Top with Chocolate chips.
- Lightly sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top.
- Bake until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Let rest in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool.