Friday, August 13, 2010

Birthday Guacamole...

I got a local cookbook from my Dad and Step-mom for my birthday this year and one of the first recipes I tried was guacamole. It's now one of my favorites!


I figured I'll post the recipe since it's so yummy! I don't really measure anything, the recipe is pretty forgiving and you can't really mess it up. I also used cayenne pepper instead of Tabasco as I never keep Tabasco in the cabinet. Enjoy!

Guacamole


Ingredients:
  • 4 Ripe Haas avocados
  • 3 Tbls. fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4-1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (depending on how spicy you'd like it - or 8 dashes of Tabasco sauce)
  • 1/2 C. red onion, diced
  • 1 Lg. garlic clove, minced
  • 1 tsp. Kosher salt
  • 1 tsp. black pepper
  • 1 Lg. tomato, seeded and diced
Directions:
  1. Cut avocados in half; remove pits and scoop flesh into bowl.
  2. Add lemon juice, cayenne, onion, garlic, salt and pepper to avocados.
  3. Using sharp knife, cut through avocados to dice.
  4. Add tomatoes mix well.
  5. Serve with blue corn chips for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment