I got a local cookbook from my Dad and Step-mom for my birthday this year and one of the first recipes I tried was guacamole. It's now one of my favorites!
I figured I'll post the recipe since it's so yummy! I don't really measure anything, the recipe is pretty forgiving and you can't really mess it up. I also used cayenne pepper instead of Tabasco as I never keep Tabasco in the cabinet. Enjoy!
- 4 Ripe Haas avocados
- 3 Tbls. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (depending on how spicy you'd like it - or 8 dashes of Tabasco sauce)
- 1/2 C. red onion, diced
- 1 Lg. garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Lg. tomato, seeded and diced
- Cut avocados in half; remove pits and scoop flesh into bowl.
- Add lemon juice, cayenne, onion, garlic, salt and pepper to avocados.
- Using sharp knife, cut through avocados to dice.
- Add tomatoes mix well.
- Serve with blue corn chips for dipping.