So being totally in love with Bonefish Grill and their Bang Bang Shrimp appetizer, you'll know how difficult it's been to be in the desert about 400 miles away from the nearest restaurant! So I've found a recipe very similar to that delicious appetizer, try it out and I'm sure you'll agree... YUM!
Bang Bang Shrimp
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 C mayo
- 1/4 C Thai sweet chili sauce*
- 10 -15 drops hot chili sauce
- 1 tsp. creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 C cornstarch
- Oil for frying (I use canola)
- Iceberg lettuce, chopped
- Scallions, chopped
- Mix mayo, Thai sweet chili sauce, hot chili sauce and peanut butter; set aside.
- Bread shrimp in cornstarch and fry at medium high heat until cooked (see example photo of cooked shrimp below, shrimp should curve inward.)
- Drain shrimp on paper towels.
- Toss shrimp in sauce and serve atop lettuce and garnish with chopped scallions.
*I served this meal with cheesy broccoli, carrots and sliced artisan bread with seasoned olive oil (thanks Dad & Val!)
Example of cooked shrimp