Sunday, April 10, 2011

French Toast

This is one of my favorite meals for Sunday mornings and I don't think I've posted my recipe on the blog yet! I usually make the french toast on a skillet at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes on each side. The potatoes are coated in olive oil and seasoned (salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder, sometimes rosemary) and baked at 425 degrees for 35 minutes.

French Toast


Ingredients:
  • 4 slices of bread*
  • 1 egg
  • 1 C milk
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • Butter**
  • Powder sugar
  • Syrup
*Buttermilk is usually pretty good, don't use thin bread like sunbeam, it'll fall apart when you dip it.
**I recommend regular butter but I've also made this with butter substitute and it still comes out good.

Directions:
  1. Wisk together milk, egg, vanilla and cinnamon.
  2. Melt butter in skillet.
  3. Dip bread and coat each side with egg mixture, do not soak.
  4. Place on buttered skillet, approx. medium heat, and cook each side for about 5 minutes each or until evenly browned.
  5. Sprinkle with powder sugar and serve with warmed syrup.


We like regular maple syrup but it's gotten too expensive so we've been using an agave syrup blend, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment