Dinner this evening:
Mini cheeseburgers, corn on the cob, deviled eggs, red potato salad and spiked raspberry lemonade, yum!
- King's Sweet Hawaiian dinner rolls (usually found near the deli counter)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- Steak seasoning
- Worcestershire sauce
- Mixed greens
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Vidalia onion, sliced
- Tillamook cheddar, sliced
- Sandwich picks
- Sprinkle ground beef with steak seasoning and Worcestershire sauce. Make into 8-9 large meatballs sized patties. Sprinkle each side of the patty with steak seasoning and Worcestershire sauce again.
- Let meat sit for 15 minutes.
- While meat is sitting, slice rolls. Spread mayo, mustard and ketchup on the inside of each roll, 8-9 depending on how many patties you've made.
- Warm grill, broiler or grill pan to medium heat.
- Cook beef patties until you're desired temp then melt cheese ontop.
- Once cooked place one pattie on each roll and top with onion, tomoato and mixed greens.
- Place top part of bun on top of the sandwich and hold together each with a sandwich pick.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 2 Tbls. mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. mustard powder
- Place eggs in a pot of salted water. Once water comes to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Drain eggs, and let cool.
- Peel and cut eggs in half, lengthwise. Remove the egg yolks and mash them together in a small mixing bowl. Mix in the paprika, mayonnaise, and dry mustard.
- Spoon mixture into a small zip-lock baggie and cut the bottom corner off. Pipe yolk mixture into egg whites; cool and serve.
- Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
Red Potato Salad
- 1 1/2 lb unpeeled red potatoes
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled & diced
- 3/4 C. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbls. milk
- 1 Tbls. distilled white vinegar
- 1/3 C. sliced green onions
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp.ground black pepper
- 1/2 C. sliced celery
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add red potatoes, and cook until tender but still firm, about 15-20 minutes. Drain, cool and chop into 1 inch cubes. Place in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, milk, distilled white vinegar, green onions, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the potatoes, and mix together with the eggs and celery.
- Cover, and chill in the refrigerator approximately 4 hours before serving.
Spiked Raspberry Lemonade
- 4 C. water
- 1 pint (about 2 cups) raspberries, plus more for garnish
- 1 3/4 C. sugar
- Classic Lemonade recipe, or 1 quart store-bought lemonade
- Ice, for serving
- 1 bottle (750 milliliters) sparkling water (not mineral water!)
- 2 C. vodka (optional)
- Bring water, raspberries, and sugar to boil in a large saucepan, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat, and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain mixture through a fine sieve, pressing gently on berries to release juices; discard solids.
- Let syrup cool completely.
- Combine syrup and lemonade in a large pitcher.
- Divide among 16 ice-filled glasses. Top each with sparkling water, and vodka if using. (4oz. raspberry lemonade, 1oz vodka, 1oz sparkling water per glass)
- Garnish with fresh raspberries.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (from about 10 lemons)
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 2 cups water
- Strain lemon juice through a fine sieve into a pitcher.
- Add sugar, stirring until it dissolves.
- Stir in water.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 C. butter, softened
- 2 C. sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy.
- Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar.
- Store in the refrigerator after use.