I mixed this dish up a little with Near East Long Grain and Wild Rice (Original) and a mixed salad coated with red wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Normally this dish is served over a layer of Basmati Rice and mixed greens however, you can pair this salmon with almost anything! Enjoy...
- 1 C. dry Basmati rice
- 1lb salmon, skin removed & de-boned
- 4 Tbls. salt
- 1/4 C. extra virgin olive oil (more if needed during cooking)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 in of fresh ginger root, minced
- 2 Tbls. brown sugar
- 1 Tbls. Italian seasoning
- 1-2 Tbls flour (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 C. mixed greens
- Cook rice according to package directions. Cover and keep warm.
- Rub 2 Tbls. of salt over entire salmon, wash off thoroughly. Repeat one more.
- Cut fish into 1 inch cubes, set aside.
- Combine onion, garlic and ginger. Separate evenly into two bowls, one large one small.
- In the larger bowl add 1/2 of the olive oil, brown sugar, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the salmon into the larger bowl, coating the salmon with the marinade entirely. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet on medium and lightly brown the smaller bowl of onion, garlic and ginger.
- While browning, add flour to salmon mixture then add to skillet.
- Cook on low until cooked, adding olive oil if needed.
- Spread rice on the bottom of a casserole pan, followed by the mixed greens and then cooked salmon. You may add extra olive oil if desired.