Made some spicy BBQ chicken this evening with creamy crunchy corn and a baked potato, yummers! You'll have to marinade the chicken for a couple hours so start with that first. I prick a couple russet potatoes, coat them with olive oil then salt and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 1 to an 1 1/2 depending on how large they are.
Spicy BBQ Chicken
- 2 Tbls. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 C. onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 C. ketchup
- 1/3 C. vinegar
- 1 Tbls. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 (5 ounce) bottle hot pepper sauce
- 3 lbs chicken breast, sliced into long pieces
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook the onion and garlic until tender.
- Mix in ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, dry mustard, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and set aside until cool.
- Once cool, mix marinade with sliced chicken and refrigerate for 2-6 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat, I used an indoor cast iron grill.
- Lightly oil grill grate.
- Place chicken on grill and cook until juices run clear.
- Discard any remaining sauce.
Creamy Crunchy Corn
- 20-ounce package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/4 C. butter
- 4 Tbls. sugar
- 2 Tbls. Club crackers, broken into small crumbs
- Salt and ground black pepper
- In a large heavy skillet melt butter.
- Stir in corn, sugar, and crackers.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.