Pan Seared Scallops
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs (approximately)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lemon
- Freshly grated romano cheese
- Roll scallops in bread crumbs.
- Put olive oil and butter in a large skillet; stir and heat until hot (med. high heat.)
- Add scallops, turning once, until browned on both sides (3-4 minutes); remove from heat.
- Halve lemon and gently squeeze juice over scallops, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover with a lid and let steep for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to mingle.