I just found my mom's quiche recipe the other day and decided to give it a try... I changed the cheese blend a little but you can use any blend you'd like. You can also change the veggies or add bacon, ham, virtually anything. Enjoy!
Mary Shadow Quiche
- Single Pie Crust Recipe (or one 9" unbaked pie shell, thawed)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/4 C. milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 2 C. shredded cheese (I used Trader Joe's Shredded Swiss & Gruyere Cheese Blend)
- 2 Tbls. flour
- 1 10 oz box frozen spinach, thawed and drained*
- 1 10 oz box frozen broccoli, thawed and drained*
- 1/3 C. onion, chopped and sauteed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine eggs, milk, onions and cayenne, mix well.
- Toss cheese with flour and layer one thin layer of cheese on the bottom of your pie crust.
- Follow with a layer of spinach and a layer of broccoli.
- Follow with another cheese layer, the remaining spinach and broccoli and the remaining cheese.
- Pour egg mixture on top and bake for 45 - 50 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.