Saturday, September 10, 2011

French Toast with Mascarpone Cheese

I had the pleasure of having breakfast at Whole Foods last weekend and had the tastiest french toast with mascarpone cheese! I duplicated this at home and wanted to share the recipe with you. It's the same french toast recipe I always use, I'll repost the link below. I used Challah bread with poppy seeds but you can use any bread you like. Sometimes I add a little more vanilla extract and cinnamon when cooking, depending on our taste that morning. I served the french toast this morning with scrambled eggs and Applegate Chicken and Maple Sausage, yum!


Mascarpone Cheese Mixture


Ingredients:
  • 1/4 C. Mascarpone cheese
  • 1/4 C. Powdered sugar
Directions:
  1. Combine mascarpone cheese and powdered sugar in a small bowl, stir until combined.
  2. Feel free to add more powdered sugar until mixture is sweetened to your taste.
  3. Store in refrigerator up to 2 days.

 Challah bread sliced

 French toast with mascarpone cheese mixture

No comments:

Post a Comment