I wanted to share this recipe with you... the recipe requires Bueno Red Chili Puree but if you can't find it in your area, you can make your own or purchase it online from Bueno.
Red Chili Frito Pie
- 1 lb. Lean ground beef, grass fed if available
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2-3 Tbsp. flour (depending how thick you'd like the sauce
- 14 oz. container BUENO Special Reserve Puree, thawed
- 14 oz. container water (1½ C. water for slightly thicker consistency)
- 2-3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 C. Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 Large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 C. sweet onion, chopped
- 2 - 15 oz. cans organic pinto beans, warmed
- Original Fritos
- 1-2 C. shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, add flour and stir until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add red chile and water, stir to eliminate any lumps.
- Add garlic, oregano and salt, stir and bring to a boil.
- Add uncooked ground beef, reduce heat and simmer with skillet uncovered 20-25 minutes.
- Add sugar and stir and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Layer pinto beans, red chili mixture, cheese, onion, lettuce, tomato then Fritos on a plate and serve immediately.