Found a recipe I wanted to try in one of my favorite magazines, Mother Earth News. It came out so yummy and is quite prefect for a cold fall evening! Enjoy!
Sweet Corn & Red Pepper Soup
- 7 C. vegetable or chicken stock (low sodium)
- 8 ears fresh corn on the cob, shucked
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 C. green pepper, diced
- 2 Tbls. vegetable or organic canola oil
- 2/3 C. raw cashews
- 1/2 C. dry sherry
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely diced
- Fresh parsley or cilantro, minced
- In a heavy pot, bring stock to a boil. Add ears of corn and simmer 5 minutes. Remove corn and set aside to cool.
- Cut kernels off cobs. Then use the back of your knife to scrape the “milk” off the cobs into the stock.
- In a skillet, sauté carrot, onion, garlic and green pepper in the oil until soft.
- Blend corn kernels, cashews and sherry in a food processor with enough stock to help purée the mixture. (For more texture, save some ingredients from the food processor, and add directly to stock.)
- Add purée to soup pot, and bring to simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with red pepper and parsley.