Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 -1 cup buttermilk
- 4 green onions (use just the green parts) or 1 small bunch chives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Start with 1/4 cup of the buttermilk and blend for 10 seconds.
- Check the consistency and taste and blend in additional buttermilk as desired, I used about 1 cup.
- Add more buttermilk for dressing and less for dipping vegetables.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.