So since I mostly post recipes on this blog I've updated the title and background to reflect this. Tried out a new recipe today, that's perfect for a warm summer day! Even now as I'm thinking about it, I bet hard boiled eggs might make a nice addition... worth a try, no? Enjoy!
Summer Broccoli Salad
- 9oz light or regular mayonnaise (just over 1 C.)
- 3oz granulated sugar (just over 1/3 C.)
- 1 1/2 Tbls. balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh broccoli, chopped into small bite-sized pieces
- 1 C. cranberries
- 3/4 C. sunflower seeds (kernels, ie without shells)
- 1/4 C. red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 C. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 7 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl (approximately 13 cups large) toss the salad ingredients together. Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture and toss to coat all the ingredients with the sauce.
- Cool in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Prior to serving, toss the salad to mix any dressing that may have settled at the bottom.