Tried a couple new recipes tonight and they came out so darn yummy I had to post them here... I paired these two dishes with grilled asparagus coated in extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, fresh minced garlic and grated parmesan cheese, YUM!
Grilled Southwest Chicken
- 2 Tbls chili powder
- 2 Tbls. cumin
- 1 Tbls. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbls. packed light or dark brown sugar
- 3 Tbls. extra virgin olive oil
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- In a large ziplock baggie, combine all the spices and brown sugar. Pour in olive oil and mix until well combined.
- Place the chicken in the baggie and rotate inside bag to fully coat the chicken. Place inside the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 10 hours.
- Grill the chicken over medium heat until cooked through, about 6-7 minutes per side, depending on the size and thickness of the chicken breasts. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes.
- 5-6 large jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise, and seeded
- 1/4 C. real bacon pieces
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 C. shredded cheddar jack cheese mix
- 1/4 C. diced green onion
- 1/2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine bacon, cheeses, green onion, lime juice, salt and garlic in a bowl, stirring to combine.
- Divide mixture evenly, and fill in pepper halves.
- Place peppers cheese side up on grill, cover and grill peppers 8 minutes, or until bottoms of peppers are charred, and cheese mixture is lightly browned.
- Serve immediately, you may garnish with chopped tomato and cilantro.