I'm a stickler for a really good scallop and this recipe really was quite delectable.. simple and tasty. I served these with corn on the cob and spinach sauteed in fresh minced garlic and extra virgin olive oil. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Pan Seared Sea Scallops
- 1/2 C. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. Lawry's seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 lb. jumbo sea scallops, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tsbl. extra virgin olive oil
- 2-4 Tbls. chopped fresh parsley, divided
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, oregano, thyme and pepper. Roll scallops in flour mixture until lightly coated on all sides.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet medium-high heat. Add scallops to the pan and sear on all sides (about 2 minutes for each side).
- Remove scallops from pan and place on a plate and sprinkle with parsley.
- You may also top with lemon juice and/or grated Parmesan cheese.