- 3 fresh bananas, mashed
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 3 C. all-purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 C. butter, at room temperature
- 2 C. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 C. low fat buttermilk
- Pre-heat oven to 275º F, and grease and flour (or spray), a bundt cake pan.
- Mash banana and mix with lemon juice, set aside.
- In a med bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
- Beat in flour mixture and alternate mixing with buttermilk.
- Stir in bananas.
- Pour into pan and bake at 275º F for 1 hour and 20 minutes, until fork comes out clean.
- Immediately place in freezer for 45 minutes.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 C. butter, room temperature
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 1/2 C. powdered sugar
- Cream butter and cream cheese.
- Beat in vanilla and sugar on low until combined, then high until smooth.
- Apply to cake when cake is completely cooled.