After living in Wilmington, NC one of my favorite pizza places was Brixx Wood Fired Pizza. They made a pear and Gorgonzola pizza that was outstanding and I've managed to replicate it fairy well. The blend of sweet, nutty and tart is what makes this pizza so incredible. Enjoy!
Pear and Gorgonzola Pizza
- 1 (16 ounce) package refrigerated pizza crust dough*
- 4 slices provolone cheese, chopped
- 2 Bosc pears, thinly sliced
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced and sauteed
- 1 C. Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 C. mozzerella
- 1/3-1/2 C. chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place pizza crust dough on a large baking sheet. Layer with Provolone cheese.
- Top cheese with Bosc pear slices ensuring entire pizza is covered with thin pear slices.
- Top with caramelized red onions and sprinkle Gorgonzola and mozzarella cheese.
- Top with walnuts.
- Bake in the preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned.
- Remove from heat and slice to serve.