Chocolate Chunk Cookies
(Martha Stewart Recipe)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces good-quality milk chocolate, 4 ounces coarsely chopped, 4 ounces cut into 1/4-inch chunks
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside. Melt coarsely chopped chocolate with the butter in a small heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Transfer chocolate mixture to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla; mix on medium speed until combined. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture. Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Scoop batter using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop; place 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until cookies are flat and surfaces begin to crack, about 15 minutes. Transfer on parchment to wire racks. Let cool 5 minutes. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Irish Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 C. butter, softened
- 1 C. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 C. granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1-1/2 C. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 C. Irish Oatmeal, (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 C. raisins
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat together butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda,cinnamon and salt, mix well.
- Stir in oats and raisins, mix well.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet, remove to wire tack.
Almond Cloud Cookies
(King Arthur Recipe)
- 10 ounces almond paste
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon gluten-free almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon extra-strong bitter almond oil
- Confectioners' sugar or glazing sugar, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly grease (or line with parchment) two baking sheets.
- Blend the almond paste, sugar, and salt until the mixture becomes uniformly crumbly; this is best done in a stand mixer.
- Add the egg whites gradually, while mixing, to make a smooth paste.
- Stir in the flavorings.
- Scoop the dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared pans.
- Sprinkle the cookies heavily with confectioners' sugar, then use three fingers to press an indentation into the center of each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 20 to 25 minutes, until they're brown around the edges. Remove them from the oven, and let them cool right on the pan.